Friday, January 20, 2006

diddly bupkis

noun. Nada with a side of jack squat.

Real citation: "Ladies and gentlemen, I had a speech prepared, but I think I'll just wing this one. Our economy is in a shambles. We've only reached 1/20th of our job target, which was set awfully low as it is. That's just shameful. It seems that the Republican economic model is failing, as the only 'recovery' is in a few sectors on Wall Street and in the pocketbooks of CEOs. The average American is seeing diddly bupkis. So I'm going to take this opportunity to fire all of my economic advisors, and replace them with well-read and published social democrats."
(Briguy, Jan. 21, 2004, http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000244&p=)

Made-up citation: "The difference between human DNA and chimp DNA? Somewhere between half a banana and diddly bupkis."

No comments: