Friday, May 16, 2008

pooageddon

noun. A number-two-fest that is heinous, calamitous, disastrous, world-ending, and grody.

Real citation: “Simon's twin is a fellow blogger who writes about the exploits of his own twins, and pooageddon was his word for a particularly explosive outbreak of diarrhoea. Tom has had diarrhoea today. I won't write too much about it - its so horrible for him.”
(June 2, 2005, Carer’s Blog, http://suescaringdiary.blogspot.com/2005/06/pooageddon.html)

Made-up citation: “As a summer camp counselor for disabled children, I lived through six poopschlops, three pooageddons, and one pooapalooza of Biblical proportions.”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this blog. :) Do you take submissions? When I'm reading online/blogs I sometimes come across beautiful words which I think might find a home here, but I don't see any link to send them to you.

For example: modus buggerandi
"While it's true that Comcast screws its customers, metering bandwidth strikes me as a fairer modus buggerandi than what it does now: lying to us by offering "unlimited" plans with secret limits, with a Kafka-esque policy of not communicating with people who get close to it."

Mark Peters said...

That is a good one! If you have any other suggestions, please email them here: Mark at verbatimmag.com

I could use a good informant. And I'm glad you like the blog...