Friday, May 09, 2008

great-grandcritter

noun. Critter of my critter, spawn of my spawn, waffle of my batter! Ew.

Real citation: “Whenever I get bored doing tank inversions I just remind myself that if properly cared for these images could last for centuries. My great-grandcritter may one day take these negatives in their archival sleeves and binders and with ten dollars worth of hardware and chemistry make contact prints that ‘seemed taken yesterday.’”
(Aaron Reece, July 16, 2004, http://homepage.mac.com/fwstutterheim/rugarchives/2004-07/01063.html)

Made-up citation: “I’m saving this goliath bird-eating spider from extinction, and I’m not doing it for you. I’m not doing it for me--or our great-grandcritters. I’m doing it for the blonde on Scrubs, who is freaking gorgeous.”

No comments: