Wednesday, May 21, 2008

eroto-depresso

noun. Ooh-la-oh-why-bother.

Real citation: “Memory is the sole place where the movie has been lodged because it is virtually impossible to obtain (last time I looked, there was a VHS copy on Amazon being offered for $175) and is seldom if ever screened, though it would make a perfect companion piece with My Dinner with Andre for a double bill at some revival house or imaginative forum such as Philoctetes. Perhaps the to-do over Tyson will liberate The Big Bang from unjust obscurity and allow it to be discovered by a fresh generation of film buffs and eroto-depressos.”
(James Wolcott, May 20, 2008, http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/blogs/wolcott/2008/05/vanity-fair-is.html)

Made-up citation: “I never related well to the eroto-depressos of the world, with their sad eyes and ebullient groins. I think I’m too goofo-doofo.”

No comments: