Friday, November 12, 2004

banana-mimicking

present participle. Imitating or indicating the long, firm, ripe, yellow fruit.

Real citation: "Yes, she joked about her husband's endowments, but when answering as to whether her husband is gay, Guilfoyle Newsom said only, 'Not unless you are better than me.'
At which point, she says, she raised her elbow at a 45-degree angle and pointed at herself with a closed fist and thumbs up.
'It was not a banana-mimicking gesture,'' she said. "I know what I said and did. ... I have nothing to hide.'"
(Kimberly Guilfoyle Newsom, quoted by Phillip Matier and Andrew Ross, "Newsom's wife says sex joke has been exaggerated," Oct. 24, 2004, http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/10/24/BAGPV9EJML35.DTL)

Made-up citation: "I'm not too good at banana-mimicking, but my mango-miming skills are truly sublime."

No comments: