Saturday, October 11, 2008

non-snotwad

noun. A mere peasant who totally does not deserve the title of Princess Snotbucket.

Real citation: "It was hotter than a broken sauna on the surface of the sun yesterday and still I managed to drag four ginormous bags of laundry to be dropped off and washed (yeah, sorry I AM NOT going to sit in a hot landromat and do that when I feel like the stickiest of all sticky Katamari balls--there are just some things I'm willing to pay for on some days) and get my business cards printed out. The guy printing them was an early twenty-something drummer from a semi-hot stuff local band who everyone pees their pants over and I'm not sure why. He's the only non-snotwad from the band and he did a great job and printed them on the spot. I don't have the heart to tell him his band kinda sucks and that he's really the only good thing they have going for them. That, and their homemade dinosaur heads that are sorta played out anyway. I hope he goes on to bigger and better things because his band mates, well, I sort of see becoming characters from 'Requeim For a Dream' when they realize they were big guppies in a little clear mug."
(June 12, 2007, Tangerine Peels, http://wordography.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-russian-housekeeper-is-ticking.html)

Made-up citation: "I'm having problems with my hotel room... I asked for a non-snotwad, non-monkey-poo, non-penis-centric, non-graveyardy suite with a live aardvark and a calzone the size of my head. Was this hotel raised in a barn?"

No comments: