Wednesday, October 15, 2008

awshucksy-gosh-darn-it-to-heck

adj. Diddly doodly piddly poodly. Aren't I cute?

Real citation: "I didn't watch the Palin-Biden debate live, but I caught the whole thing on YouTube later, and while Palin's awshucksy-gosh-darn-it-to-heck manner left me cringing, it's certainly possible to be a competent world leader and sound like a Warner Brothers cartoon. But that one little detail (It's right there in the spelling of the word! N-U-C-L-E-A-R!) sealed my opinion of her, which would--deny it, I dare you--completely torpedo your faith in a prospective job applicant for any other job in the universe."
(Oct. 8, 2008, Cuz We Said So, http://www.cuzwesaidso.com/2008/10/simple-competen.html)

Made-up citation: "I tried to bring a more awshucksy-gosh-darn-it-to-heck approach to my vocation. But the other guys down at the death cult are hard to impress..."

No comments: