Tuesday, October 07, 2008

un-Palinated

adj. A word that does not apply to current conditions.

Real citation: "Somewhat reassuringly, an immersion in today’s chilly e-bathwater suggests that I am far from alone in finding almost intolerable the latest attempt to suggest that a politician who speaks in a vacant, incomprehensible patois is a flag-bearer for authenticity, readiness, sagacity.
All this has me looking backward to last spring, lovely for its pristinely un-Palinated landscape, when I made my first post for this page. "
(Wyatt Mason, Oct. 6, 2008, Harper's, http://harpers.org/archive/2008/10/hbc-90003662)

Made-up citation: "Even the dreamworld is no longer an un-Palinated haven for moose. Last night I dreamed Sarah Palin brushed the hair of a coyote, while pine cones menaced the skies."

(Thanks to Peter Robins for the tip)

No comments: