Tuesday, September 23, 2008

non-near-psychopath

noun. An upstanding fellow or fellowette who sprinkles no crack on their cornflakes.

Real citation: "The problem once again seems to be twofold: first, that the Republican party has what are, to me at least, politically powerful factions consisting of "batshit-insane near-psychopaths". Note that once again I'm not talk about rank-and-file GOP members, who run the gamut (as do the Democrats, fwiw), I'm specifically talking about either high-ranking members of the party or their equivalents in power amongst the Republican interest groups. Second, the non-batshit-insane, non-near-psychopaths in the GOP are, for a variety of reasons, subordinating their reason to those factions' madness; and in some cases, arguably being drawn into that madness themselves."
(Sept. 4, 2008, Obsidian Wings, http://obsidianwings.blogs.com/obsidian_wings/2008/09/tell-us-what-yo.html)

Made-up citation: "I pride myself as a great humanitarian, a hero of the people, a pillar of the community, and a non-near-psychopath. I am also a friend of the meerkats; I can find the bumper nuts in every meadow muffin, with a little help from Count Chocula--sweet chocolate prince of the cereal bowl."

1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

Hello Mark. We've corresponded over at the Schadenfreude, Baby blog. I have decided to hold a neologism contest to come up with a new term for the kind of Schadenfreude associated with the banking crisis. I wanted to let you and your readers know about it because it seems right up their alley:
http://schadenfreude-baby.blogspot.com/2008/09/neologism-contest.html