Wednesday, January 07, 2009

ooby-doobied

verb. Probably involves a doobie. Or an oobie. No woobies, though. Of this we can be certain.

Real citation: "12:15 p.m. Three men ooby-doobied at the center of the Plaza."
(Kevin L. Hoover, Nov. 25, 2008, The Arcata Eye, http://www.arcataeye.com/index.php?module=Pagesetter&func=printpub&tid=2&pid=1119)

Made-up citation: "Have you ever ooby-doobied? I haven't had the privilege. However, in the seventies, I used to higgledy-piggledy till the cows came home. And what a homecoming it was... What a homecoming it was."

1 comment:

Laura Payne said...

Hello Mark,

Reading the new words on your blog is truly the highlight of my day each day. What would a day without a good laugh be. In fact, I enjoy your blog so much that I am posting about some of your words on my blog tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy,
Laura
A Walk in the Words