Thursday, January 22, 2009

Batman-Begins-ification

noun. The kind of reboot every life needs periodically, like when I went through my own mauve-yet-gritty spandex rebirth in 2001.

Real citation: "I think Tomb Raider really needs a Batman-Begins-ification. Reset the story, show how Lara came to be and give us a story arch about her that is grounded a little more in reality with less magic, monsters and dinosaurs. The stuff that they started to do with Tomb Raider: Legend was good, but could be better. And put some damn clothes on!"
(Jan. 9, 2009, GameCyte, http://www.gamecyte.com/eidos-considering-tomb-raider-reboot-may-make-lara-more-female-friendly)

Made-up citation: "As a doctor, I'm often torn between giving flu shots and performing a complete Batman-Begins-ification on patients. Frankly, in terms of flu prevention, I don't think there's a difference."

No comments: