Sunday, February 06, 2005

paid protruder

noun. Male stripper.

Real citation: "But the thought of a heterosexual downtown male revue, especially on a gay columnist's allowance, leaves me feeling more than just a little bit detached. And although ABBA's "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)" is blaring from the approaching entrance, slapping me up-and-down into the context of an Australian drag-epic, I know that tonight I will be invisible. These sort of beefcake affairs typically involve contractual clauses protecting the paid protruders from any sort of man-on-man involvement. They've got reps to protect, after all. And scrotums. "
(Billy Manes, "Teabag for Two," Orlando Weekly, http://www.orlandoweekly.com/blister/archive.asp?b=4795)

Made-up citation: "I appeared naked in a play once, but since going bottomless didn't help my pennilessness, I can't in good conscience put 'paid protruder' on my resume."

No comments: