Monday, April 06, 2009

Monday-y

adj. Mega-ugh-y.

Real citation: "Just as she got them all settled, a couple of sheets slipped through her fingers and - Awww, shoot! - went spiralling under the bed. I hate Mondays, she groused, setting the rest of the papers on the bed and lying flat on the floor to reach the wayward leaves. But most especially Mondays that pretend to be Tuesdays on the calendar but act all Monday-y when you get to them and then - hey, what's that?"
(June 23, 2005, SpaceBattles.com, http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=84827)

Made-up citation: "I don't know why I hate your face so much... Maybe it just seems so Monday-y, like I'm going to have to look at a series of catastrophic faces all day, or all week, or for the rest of my miserable life. Yeah, that's it. So how was your weekend?"

No comments: