Wednesday, April 23, 2008

not-caring-what-other-people-will-thinkitude

noun. My brain is enough. I don’t need your squishy lobes getting unclean thoughts on the futon!

Real citation: “I know that Marc makes an easy example, because he has a very strong personality and is very equal opportunity about who he pisses off. (And - another digression - I value that kind of person a lot, and it takes an asshole with a thick skin, like me, to say some of these things; i.e. it is our cluelessness or not-caring-what-other-people-will-thinkitude, and our not following the rules, that stirs shit up and makes a productive conversation happen.) But, Marc is just the obvious easy example, and this dynamic exists all the time in many situations, not just in the geek conference world.
(Liz Henry, June 26, 2006, http://liz-henry.blogspot.com/2006/06/talking-gender-long-digressive-juicy.html)

Made-up citation: “As an only child, I developed inner strength, independence, hypochondria, not-caring-what-other-people-will-thinkitude, and some wicked scenarios involving a joint Cylon-G.I. Joe takeover of the Millennium Falcon.”

No comments: