Tuesday, April 01, 2008

cradle robberette

noun. Like a bank robberette, but this could be illegal. Oh, wait…

Real citation: "Dear Suzanne,
I’m a 21 year old female senior who’s recently fallen for an 18-year old freshman. At first the age difference didn’t bother me, but then I started getting hassled by my friends because he’s so young. He’s mature for his age, and kind, and I’ll admit, adorably hot, and it’s not like its illegal (barely!), but I am frustrated that he cannot go out to the bars with me, and that he only talks about high school experiences because he has no college experiences yet. Should I wise up and find a man my own age, or let my buzzing feelings for him continue to dictate the situation?
Thanks,
Cradle Robberette"
(Oct. 13, 2005, http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-466.html)

Made-up citation: “I’d gladly date a cradle robberette. To fail at a new type of relationship would be refreshing.”

No comments: