Tuesday, May 26, 2009

pre-yore

adj. An era that makes yore seem downright newfangled.

Real citation: "So I was walking around the neighborhood yesterday and people just couldn't keep their lips off me! Not since the days of yore, nay, pre-yore!, have I had such an incredible experience. It was as if my cheeks were comprised entirely of malnourished 3rd world children and other peoples' lips were hungry fruit flies. Luckily I had my personal photographer, Muhammed "Power Word: Stun" Smith, with me to document the truly monumentous event."
(July 6, 2005, Throwing is the New Rolling, http://4manrevolution.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_archive.html)

Made-up citation: "I used to have abs of steel and legs that went all the way down to the floor, but that was pre-yore. Yore was not kind. Damn you, yore!"

No comments: