Sunday, March 06, 2005

non-flirty-ness

noun. A pure, chaste state lacking any seductive or flirty maneuvers.

Real citation: "Now here comes the awkward romance part: I don't know how to be more obvious that I like these guys without throwing myself on them more literally than I'd care to admit. (That did it. The link to my blog is definitely disappearing from my AIM profile for a little while...) I just find myself sickened by those who fawn over guys to the extreme - chasing them, hunting them down, conquering them, etc. It's just not my style. Still, I really wish there was something I could do to clue them in with class. I never was a flirt. Damn my non-flirty-ness! Oh well... they're supposed to be off-limits anyway... I'll just have to stay content with them being good friends (which is good too! I'm not complaining!). It's all so damn complicated... time to go drown my sorrows in Valentine's Day chocolate..."
(Feb. 15, 2004, Atomic Lobster, http://www.uclandrea.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_
uclandrea_archive.html)

Made-up citation: "Chastity, modesty, serenity, and non-flirty-ness are important virtues in a nun or demented assistant."

No comments: