Sunday, March 01, 2009

FWBs (followers with benefits)

noun phrase. Hmm. I may have to rethink my atheism. Anyone need a Pope?

Real citation: "I thought this show was a clever commentary on looking at the darkest, and brightest, parts of ourselves. A look at our future and our past. All this has happened before. In my head I always finished with and could happen again if we don't figure out how to stop it. But all this talk of angels and gods and visions is like spiritual technobabble but without the really useful requirements of science or logic or collective observation or even, say, a plan. I find it particularly telling the greatest scientific mind of the colonies is merely a fake religious zealot who says pretty words and has his own visions but doesn't use that amazing scientific brain to use science to help people or even to get more FWBs (followers with benefits). For me, a great show should have an organic ending. It doesn't have to be predictable, just logical. A science fiction show should use science once in a while. And a show that promises to be a mirror should actually reflect us."
(Feb. 28, 2009, "4-17: "Someone To Watch Over Me" 2009.02.27," Television Without Pity, http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=3182678&view=findpost&p=11424551)

Made-up citation: "Join my new religion! It's based on a steady diet of pancakes, grain alcohol, organ harvesting, inner peace, and followers with benefits. So when can I stop paying taxes?"

No comments: