Wednesday, March 11, 2009

un-CNBC-like

adj. Similar to "unladylike," but the lovely lady was replaced with a moronic financial news network. (No offense intended to Erin Burnett, my new girlfriend in my brain).

Real citation: "By now, I have noticed that I speak a different language than the people on this channel. Or maybe I'm just not as smart as they are. 'I've decided that flat is the new up,' declares one talking head. 'If they can't get their heads together, there's no way we're going to get meat on the bone,' warns another. Their braying seems to mean something to their target audience, but not to me. Even most-esteemed sage Warren Buffett wasn't immune. He spoke in an un-CNBC-like volume, but said things like, 'It's a lot better to have a goose that keeps laying eggs than a goose that just sits there and eats insurance.' Now, that is easy to understand, and probably true. Plus, can you imagine how gross that pâté would taste?"
(March 11, 2009, Gabriel Winant, Salon, http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2009/03/11/cnbc/)

Made-up citation: "My dog is very un-CNBC-like. He rarely barks, and his financial advice is consistently sound. Also, he is content to poop without throwing the poop at hapless bystanders."

No comments: