Sunday, November 12, 2006

shitpantsy

adj. Feeling bed-shitting fear, minus the bed.

Real citation: "When I said that being afraid is a 'decision', and dying is not, I meant that it's a *player's* decision (in those games without the Courage/Fear/Sanity, etc, stat). That's what this mechanic is all about, and I think there's an essential divide between games that have these type of stats and those that don't. And having a Courage stat in a game is not the same as having, say, a Fear spell which might cause a PC to get all shitpantsy. With the stat, the Fear roll is integral to the playing of the game."
(db savoy, Aug. 29, 2002, http://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-14054.html)

Made-up citation: "Though I've had intense parent training as a summer camp counselor, the thought of having my own child makes me quiver with shitpantsy terror."

No comments: