Thursday, May 12, 2005

crack-denish

adj. Done up proud in the style of a house o' crack.

Related terms: crack-whorish.

Real citation: "So, the apartment is going to be really nice. It's not finished yet -- but I'm pretty sure it will be by May. The kitchen and bathroom are going to be completely new, which is really cool. Some of these old New York apartments just have the grossest kitchens and bathrooms. The rent will be ridiculously cheap, but the neighborhood is shitty and the halls of the building are vaugely crack-denish. It has it's good parts and it's bad parts. It's on the 6, so it's very accessible, and did I mention how cheap it is? Yeah. I don't know, I have to go back and look at it again. I want to go back at night, and see how it is then, too. My biggest fear is just that I'd feel isolated. I know everyone is going to be living in different places, but since this place is so dead, it's a concern of mine. I like that the weather is nice again."
("apartment?" April 13, 2003, the woman rebel, http://thewomanrebel.com/MT/archive/000078.html)

Made-up citation: "I may have my share of clutter, but my place isn't at all crack-denish. Opium-lounge-like, maybe."

No comments: