Tuesday, August 01, 2006

baseball bat moment

noun. A writing or directing choice that anviliciously bludgeons all beholders.

Real citation: "It's fitting that Tigh would hit the bottle again, but the bit at the end with the flask was overkill. At least the way it was shot anyway. Yes, we get he's an acoholic who fell off the wagon for the umpteenth time. Cripes, we don't need extra closeups of the flask, but seeing as these baseball bat moments are few and far between, I'm willing to let this one slide (mostly)."
(specialj67, "2-3: "Fragged" 2005.07.29," July 29, 2005, Television Without Pity, http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=3129080&view=findpost&p=3320489)

Made-up citation: "Watching The Shield kind of makes me want to wash my hands, bleach my brain, and cry in my crepes, but I love that it has hardly any baseball bat moments."

No comments: