Thursday, September 09, 2004

Delicious ass sex

Now that I have your attention, America...

Yesterday, I had a long conversation with my friend Lena about the word "bootylicious," so how could it not be a word of the day?

Lena was a bit alarmed to learn that "bootylicious" had assed its way into the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, joining other recent additions such as "road rage," "hottie," and "treehugger." Needless to say, Lena was not much of a "bootylicious"-booster, but I think it is a tremendous word, for a few reasons not involving Beyonce:

1) It's easy to understand. Even someone living in the sewers who had never heard "bootylicious" before would know it definitely had something to do with asses, probably involved sex, and certainly was meant to suggest a heaping helping of yumminess. Or, as Lena suggested, "It could mean delicious ass sex."

2) The word may have hurt the popularity of the witty observation "nice ass," for which bootylicious folks everywhere would be grateful.

3) It's just plain fun--and it sounds better than "asstastic."

I do have one question: I've been told that my quesadillas taste like ass--does that make me a bootylicious cook?

No comments: